Privacy and Cookies Policy
Your Rights & Responsibilities
As the data subject of the Personal Data collected, you may have rights related to the Personal Data that we hold about you.
At any time you may have the right to:
- Request access to the information we hold about you.
- Ask us how to correct any inaccurate or incomplete information we have about you or request us to make the corrections.
- Request us to delete your information from our records, subject to our approval.
- Withdraw consents you have given, where our collection and use is based upon your consent.
- Ask us to send a copy of your Personal Data to a third party in a data portable format, subject to our approval.
You may make or submit a request listed above by contacting Industry Training LLC via email at [email protected] Upon receiving your request, we may need additional information from you to verify your identity and to better understand what it is you are requesting. In this case, we may ask you to provide additional information, including information you have previously disclosed to us. If you wish to designate an authorized agent under any applicable law, please contact us by any means described above and we will coordinate that designation. We will respond to requests within a reasonable amount of time in accordance with state and national laws and requirements. We recognize that you may have a right to not receive discriminatory treatment by exercising any of the rights listed above. We will not charge a fee to respond to a request, unless it is excessive, repetitive or unfounded. If a fee will apply, we will advise the requester before completing the request, explain why a fee applies, and provide an estimate of the fee.
It is your responsibility to maintain the accuracy of your Personal Data at all times.
If you have concerns with these Rights and Responsibilities or our compliance with them, you may contact us at [email protected].
Our Rights & Responsibilities
We will provide you access to these Rights and Responsibilities and any subsequent updates.
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your Personal Data:
- Performance of a contract.We may need to collect and process your Personal Data as necessary to perform services subject to a contractual agreement with you. Examples of our legal grounds to process your Personal Data as being necessary for the performance of a contract include, but are not limited to: (i) when you make an online purchase for the purpose of allowing us to deliver the purchased product; and (ii) when you register to use our products or services.
- Where we ask you for your consent, we will collect and use your Personal Data only to the extent you have consented.
- Legitimate interests.We may use your Personal Data for our legitimate interests for the purposes of improving our products and services, the content of our Site(s), and improving our applications and systems.
Industry Training LLC and its authorized subcontractors will at all times protect your Personal Data with operational, administrative, technical, and physical security safeguards.
We do not disclose your Personal Data to third parties unless otherwise stated herein. We do not monetize Personal Data. We have not sold, within the last twelve (12) months, any Personal Data collected through this site, except to the extent that third party targeted advertising cookies are ultimately determined to involve a sale of personal information under California law. The following categories of personal information may have been collected and shared through such cookies and related technologies during the past 12 months within the digital advertising ecosystem: Identifiers (limited to a numeric identifier, such as an IP address) Commercial Information, Internet or Similar Network Activity, Geolocation Data and Inferences draw from other Personal Information.
DESCRIPTION OF Industry Training LLC PRODUCTS and SERVICES
Industry Training LLC is the provider of assessments, learning, and analytics to individuals and organizations, including employers. These includes products and services that are proprietary to Industry Training LLC as well as ones that we license from third-parties.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as needed to provide our services. To the extent that you request Industry Training LLC to delete your Personal Data, it may affect our ability to allow you to register for our products and services; or for us to provide to you any other products or services offered.
Depending on the Services requested, we may collect and/or disclose to third parties the following categories of data in order to manage day to day business needs including, but not limited to, providing you with our services, performing services on behalf of a business, payment processing and financial account management, business planning and forecasting, system improvements, security and fraud prevention, and compliance with legal and regulatory obligations:
(A) Identifiers such as a real name, address, unique personal identifiers, or email address
(B) Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
(C) Commercial information, such as products or services purchased, obtained, or considered
(E) Internet or other electronic network activity information such as information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement
(D) Geolocation data
(E) Professional or employment-related information
(F) Education information
(G) Inferences about preferences, characteristics, preferences, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, abilities, and aptitudes
How We Use the Personal Data We Collect
We use Personal Data to (i) provide products, services and information; and (ii) for our legitimate purposes in operating our business. Examples of our use or disclosure of your Personal Data include, but is not limited to:
- Providing assessment, learning, and analytics products and services
- Our legitimate business purposes as needed to manage day to day business needs including, but not limited to, payment processing and financial account management, business planning and forecasting, security and fraud prevention, and compliance with legal and regulatory obligations.
Industry Training LLC endeavors to provide you with choices regarding our use of your Personal Data. For example, although we may occasionally use your Personal Data to contact you regarding products or services of Industry Training LLC that we think might interest you, you will be given instructions on how to opt out of receiving further communications of this nature by email. Should you elect to opt out of receiving further communications you will still receive program-related messages and similar transactional communications by email. In addition, as noted above, you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive marketing materials from our affiliates or third parties.
Industry Training LLC’s E-commerce Sites provide you with the opportunity to purchase our products and/or services.
Personal Data Collected for E-commerce Services
We clearly identify what information must be provide by you in order for us to deliver the various products, services, and information that you may have requested. Depending on your choices, we will require different types of information for these various products, services, and information. You may also choose to provide additional or optional information to enhance the services we may provided to you. The Personal Data that we may collect includes:
- Contact and shipping information, as well as purchase history, and payment information.
- Information regarding your use of the Site (i.e., pages visited, files downloaded).
How we Use the Personal Data We Collect
We use the Personal Data you provide to Industry Training LLC to provide services and information you request, to process transactions, fulfill product delivery and for legitimate purposes in operating our business. Additionally, we use information collected about your use of our site for legitimate business interests to understand the habits of our Site users and to improve the products, services, and content we offer. In addition, you agree that Industry Training LLC, for its internal use only, may use your Personal Data for the purpose of further developing, upgrading, and improving our applications and systems.
Third Party Websites and Social Media
We may also collect information via third party websites such as Google, or via social media such as Twitter and Facebook. This information may include your name, address, username, email address, website visited, content posted, IP address, nationality, language, and other publicly available demographics. This information is used to improve the products and services that we offer, to identify and resolve customer service issues, and to provide the information and services you request.
Information Received from Internet Service Providers through this Website
This Site receives information that is automatically generated by a user’s Internet service provider (ISP), browser, or mobile device. This information may include the IP address (a number automatically assigned to a computer by the ISP), the associated URLs, domain types, the browser type used to access our Site, the country, state and telephone area code, the location of the ISP’s servers, the pages of our Site that the user views, any search terms entered on this Site, and the user’s website address and email address. This information may be collected for system administration purposes, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on the Site. We reserve the right to link this information to your Personal Data in order to protect the integrity of our system and for security purposes.
DISCLOSURE AND Transfer of Information
We will comply with the privacy and data collection laws of the jurisdiction of the individual from whom the information is being collected. Personal Data and information of test candidates located outside of the United States will be transferred to Industry Training LLC and our third party partners in the United States and elsewhere in the world only to facilitate the purpose for which it was collected. Our computer operations are currently based in the United States. By using this Site and sending information to us electronically, you consent to transborder and international transmission of any Personal Data that you may choose to provide to us to any country in the world, including countries without an adequate level of data protection. Information transmissions to this Site and emails sent to us may not be secure. Given the inherent operation and nature of the Internet, all Internet transmissions are done at the user’s own risk.
Disclosure and Transfer of Information to Jurisdictions
By registering for or purchasing our products and services, you give your consent for your Personal Data (with the exception of your debit/credit card information) to be transmitted by Industry Training LLC to the jurisdiction as necessary. For further information about how a specific jurisdiction may use your Personal Data we encourage you to contact the jurisdiction.
Other Disclosure and Transfer of Information
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose Personal Data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Information from Children
Aggregation of Non-Person-Specific Data
We may statistically aggregate in non-person-specific form test responses and other information collected in the registration and delivery process of our products and services, and transfer this information to authorized third party vendors and to other authorized third parties such as the jurisdiction. Such aggregated non-person-specific information may be used for quality control, operations management, security and marketing purposes and to enhance, develop, or improve our products and services. By registering for our products and services, you give your consent to Industry Training LLC for this non-person-specific data aggregation and the use and transmission of this aggregated statistical data as outlined herein.
We may use your email address to send you email newsletters about Industry Training LLC and our products and services, and other related products and services. You may opt out of receiving the newsletter at any time by notifying us by email at [email protected] or following the opt-out instructions provided in the email newsletter.
PROTECTION OF CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
Individuals who make online purchases will be asked to provide credit/debit card information, which may include payment instrument number (e.g., credit card), name and billing address, the security code associated with the credit/debit card information, organizational tax ID, and other financial data (“Payment Data”). We use Payment Data to complete transactions, as well as to detect and prevent fraud. We will retain your Payment Data for as long as reasonably necessary to complete the transaction, to comply with our legal and reporting requirements, and to detect and prevent credit/debit card fraud. We provide a secured transmission method for the electronic transmission of credit/debit card information.
Marketing by Third Parties
Industry Training LLC honors your preferences with regard to sharing your Personal Data outside Industry Training LLC for marketing purposes. Prior to our sharing your Personal Data with our affiliates or other third parties for marketing purposes you will be given the opportunity to indicate whether you wish to not have your Personal Data shared with such parties.
Cookies and Web Beacons
By using our Site(s), you agree to our use of the cookies as described above and to our use of web beacons for the collection of information in order to provide the products or services you have requested and for improvements, as we deem appropriate for our legitimate purposes, related to our products and services.
Cookies. Cookies are small text files that a web server places on your computer or mobile device. Cookies contain information that can later be read by the web server that originally placed the cookie on your computer or mobile device.
Below is a list of the main types of cookies we use, and what we use them for.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. Some of the performance cookies are analytics cookies, using third party web analytics software, which allow us to understand more about how our website is used. Performance cookies are not used to collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these performance cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. The aggregated data is only used by us to improve how our website works. We might also use performance cookies to highlight our products or services which we think will be of interest to you based on your use of our websites. By using this Site you agree we may place these types of cookies on your device.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are located in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, these cookies can be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is not used to track your browsing activity on other websites. These cookies are known as “functionality cookies” and help to improve a user’s experience of a website by providing a more personalized service. By using this Site you agree we may place these types of cookies on your device.
- Targeting or advertising cookies: These cookies are used to deliver advertising materials more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization. By using this Site you agree we may place these types of cookies on your device. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work. You can opt out of targeted advertising by visiting common links, such as (note: these links and other links referred to herein may change):
- FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/
- 3rd Party Cookies and Social Networks. If you click on a hyperlink from this Site to any third party websites (for example, if you ‘share’ content from our Site with friends or colleagues through social networks, (such as Facebook or Twitter), or use third party services together with this Site, you may acquire cookies from these third party websites. Third party websites will have their own privacy and cookie policies which we do not and cannot control. Please check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them. You should always review these third party websites’ privacy policies.
How to Manage Cookies
If you block cookies or cookies are not enabled on your computer, it will mean that your browsing or shopping experience on our websites will be limited. Some active content, movies and online shopping baskets, for example, may not work correctly. To turn cookies on or off for all of our websites via your web browser, you can follow the instructions provided by the UK Information Commission Office at ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies.
- To allow us to better understand the traffic patterns within our websites and, subsequently, to adjust our content to better respond to our visitor’s interests; and
- To use the information we obtain to suggest materials and resources that may be of interest to you based on your use of our Site.
Do Not Track Signals. This Site does not respond to web browser “do not track” signals or comparable signals or mechanisms.
Information Access and Corrections
Resolution of Concerns
If you have questions or concerns about this Policy or how we handle Personal Data please contact us at www.juliusedu.com.
How to Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Industry Training LLC. All Rights Reserved.